- Bertha's Salads (Ensaladas)
- All Day Dining
- Children & Seniors
- Side Orders
- Seafood Specialties
- Daily Specials
- Bertha's Bar Menu
Tacos (Grilled or Soft)
Ground beef, Shredded beef, carne asada, chicken or carnitas
Sampler Plate (Plato de Muestras de Aperitivos)
(1) Quesadilla, (1) taquito (Chicken or shredded beef), (1) mini chimichanga (chicken or shredded beef), served with nachos, sour cream and guacamole
Sausage and Bean Dip (Chorizo y Frijoles Dip)
Beef, chicken or cheese
Flour or corn. For $1 extra add chicken or beef
Handmade, thick corn tortilla, fried covered with chicken, shredded beef or pork, cilantro and onions and topped with red or green salsa and guacamole
Peppers with Cheese (Chile con Queso)
Benny's Taco (Grilled Flour Shell)
Taco with your choice of meat
Burrito (Bean and cheese)
Add chicken, pork carnitas, shredded or ground beef for $1
Crispy Burrito (Burrito Dorado)
Grilled flour tortilla filled with beans and cheese
Pico de Gallo
Perron served w/diced avocado
Rolled Taquitos (2) (Flautitos)
Chicken or shredded beef
Guacamole and Chips (Guacamole y Totopos)
Side of Guacamole & Sour Cream
Chicken, shredded beef or Fajitas
Salsa and Chips (Salsa y Totopos)
Bean, chicken, beef or pork
Bertha's House Salad
Mixed greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, jicama and purple onions
Assortment of greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, jicama, avocados and purple onions with grilled chicken strips on top
Assortment of greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, jicama, avocados and purple onions topped with garlic sauteed shrimp
The Main Event (El Gran Evento)
(1) Homemade tamale, (1) enchilada, cheese, chicken, ground or shredded beef and (1) taco, chicken, ground or shredded beef with whole or fried beans and rice.
The Masterpiece (La Obra Maestra)
(1) authentic chile relleno, cheese or ground beef, (1) enchilada, cheese, chicken, ground or shredded beef and (1) taco, chicken, ground or shredded beef with whole or fried beans and rice. Chicken chile relleno cooked with almonds!
(1) Enchilada, cheese, chicken, ground or shredded beef and (1) taco, chicken, ground or shredded beef, with whole or fried beans and rice.
Mexican Tostadas (Tostadas Mexicanas)
(2) Tostadas, deep fried corn tortillas, open face, filled with chicken, ground or shredded beef, beans, lettuce, Monterey Jack cheese, topped with sour cream and guacamole, with whole or fried beans and rice.
The Patriot Plate (El Platillo Patriota)
(2) Corn tortilla enchiladas, filled with your choice of chicken, ground or shredded beef, topped with red or green salsa, sour cream and guacamole, served with whole or fried beans and rice.
The Tamale Special (La Especial Del Tamal)
(1) Homemade tamale and (1) enchilada, cheese, chicken, ground or shredded beef, served with whole or fried beans and rice.
Vegetarian Plate (Platillo Vegetariano)
(2) Vegetable enchiladas or tacos, served with guacamole, whole or fried beans and Spanish or white rice with vegetables
(2) Tacos, chicken, ground or shredded beef, Carne Asada or carnitas, with sour cream, whole or fried beans and rice.
$13.95 / $14.95
Chili Colorado Or Chile Verde Con Carne (Guisado de Chile Colorado o Chile Verde)
Chunks of beef with New Mexico red chili sauce or chunks of pork with strips of fresh green chiles in tomatillo sauce served in bowl with flour or corn tortilla to make-your-own burrito, or prepared for you, in a flour tortilla rolled up burrito style, served with whole or fried beans and rice
The Chile Relleno Special (Especial De Chile Relleno)
(1) Super chile relleno, cheese or ground beef, with whole or fried beans, rice and flour or corn tortillas Nogada style chicken chile relleno cooked with almonds. For $2 extra add chicken.
Chicken Mole (Mole de Pollo)
(Bertha's most requested "Mole" recipe) Chicken in a sauce of dried red chile peppers, peanuts, chocolate, seasoned with select spices, served with whole or fried beans, rice and corn flour tortillas
The Hat (El Sombrero)
(1) Large flour tostada, filled with chicken, pork carnitas, ground or shredded beef, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, Monterey Jack, sour cream and guacamole, served with whole or fried beans and rice
The Continental Chimichanga (La Chimichanga Continental)
(1) chimichanga, "homemade" flour tortilla filled with shredded beef or chicken, deep fried, topped with sour cream, guacamole, served with rice and whole or fried beans. For $1 extra add steak.
El Ranchero Steak (Bistec Ranchero)
Tender 8 oz. steak, grilled, smothered with Ranchero sauce, served with whole or fried beans, rice and your choice of flour or corn tortillas
Steak Tampiquena (Bistec a la Tampiquena)
8 oz. steak, topped with strips or green chiles (hot or mild) and grilled onions and (1) cheese enchilada with red or green sauce served with guacamole, rice, whole or fried beans and your choice of flour or corn tortillas.
Pork Carnitas Plate (Carnitas de Puerco)
Pork cooked our very special way and served with rice, whole or fried beans, guacamole and your choice of flour or corn tortillas
(4) Chicken or shredded beef roll taquitos, topped with sour cream and guacamole, served with rice and whole or fried beans.
Tender strips of beef or chicken marinated and sauteed with onions and bell peppers in Bertha's mild salsa, served with guacamole, rice, whole or fried beans, and your choice of flour or corn tortillas.
With steak & chicken$18.95,
With steak, chicken & shrimp$19.95
The Crying Pig (El Puerco Lloron)
Sliced pork (carnitas recipe), topped with green serrano peppers, green salsa, with whole or fried beans, rice and your choice of corn or flour tortillas
Bertha's Favorite (El Favorito de Bertha)
One chile relleno stuffed with cheese or ground beef and topped with a special sauce and cheese. One tamale covered with enchilada sauce and cheese. Served with rice and beans. The chicken chile relleno is cooked with almonds. Add $1 for chicken.
$17.95 / $18.95
(2) Sopapillas, plain or sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar
Fried Ice Cream
Fried Chicken in a Basket
(2) Pieces of fried chicken (white meat) served in a basket with homemade french fries.
Taco or Enchilada Plate
(1) Enchilada, your choice of: cheese, chicken, ground or shredded beef, or (1) taco, chicken, ground, shredded beef or carnitas served with whole or fried beans and rice.
(1) Small burrito, dry or topped with sauce, filled with your choice of: chicken, bean and cheese, ground or shredded beef, served with whole or fried beans and rice.
Corn or flour tortillas, filled with Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, grilled, served with sour cream, guacamole, whole or fried beans and rice.
Chile Relleno (cheese or ground beef)
Chicken Chile Relleno cooked with almonds
Homemade Tamale (Tamal estilo Casero)
ground, shredded beef, chicken or cheese
Taco, grilled or soft (Taco, tortilla suave o dorado)
ground, shredded beef, chicken, carnitas or carne asada
Benny's Favorite Taco, grilled flour tortilla (Taco Benito, tortilla de harina)
ground beef or chicken
Corn Tostada (Tostada de maiz)
ground, shredded beef or chicken
Eggs (2) your choice (Huevos (2) a su gusto)
Rice or Whole or fried beans (Arroz o frijoles enteros o fritos)
Rice and Whole or fried beans (Arroz y frijoles enteros o fritos)
Sour Cream (Crema)
Shrimp Enchiladas (Enchiladas de Camaron)
(2) Enchiladas, your choice of green (hot) or red (mild) salsa, stuffed with sauteed chopped shrimp seasoned with Mexican spices, and served with whole or fried beans and white rice with vegetables. Topped with sour cream and guacamole.
Ensenada Style Shrimp Cocktail (Coctel de Camarones Estilo Ensenada)
Fresh shrimp in our special homemade Ensenada cocktail sauce with fresh vegetables, served with crackers or corn chips.
Grilled Tilapia Baja Style
This is Bertha’s signature grilled fish. Carefully prepared with zesty Mexican seasonings and covered with a mild or hot chipotle salsa. Served with white rice, whole beans, side salad and your choice of flour or corn tortillas.
Tilapia grilled and covered with Bertha's famous ranchera salsa.
This fish is grilled and covered with zesty Mexican spices and peppers.
Prepared with olive oil and fresh, minced garlic.
Bertha's Savory Shrimp (El Favoriteo de Bertha: Camarones al Guajillo)
Prepared a la "Diablo" or with guajillo style. Served with white rice, whole beans, side salad and your choice of flour or corn tortillas.
The Come Back to Life (El Vuelue a la Vida)
Fresh shrimp, fish-filet and crab prepared Ensenada style, with fresh vegetables, served with rice and tortillas. Calls for a siesta afterwards!
The Shrimp Soup (El Caldo Camaron)
Fresh shrimp prepared Ensenada style with fresh vegetables, served with white rice and tortillas on the side.
El Norte Style Menudo (Menudo Norteno)
Beef Tripe (slow cooked overnight) prepared Chihuahua style with hominy and New Mexico dried peppers served in a large or small bowl with choice of tortillas. Please tell waiter if you'd like beef feet in it!
$6.95 / $9.95
Mexican Meatball Soup (Sopa de Albondigas)
Ground beef meatballs, prepared our very special way with vegetables, rice and choice of tortillas
$7.95 / $10.95
Brunch is served from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on weekdays and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Over easy on top of a corn tortilla covered with our special recipe of ranchero sauce, your choice, hot or mild.
Huevos Con Chorizo Casero
Scrambled with sausage (chorizo) prepared our very special way.
Over easy on top of a corn tortilla, eggs are separated by a nice portion of Mexican style potatoes or whole or fried beans, one egg covered with hot green tomatillo salsa, and one egg with mild red salsa.
Scrambled and flooded with our exquisite green or red salsa, your choice hot or mild.
Chilaquiles Rojos o Verdes
(2) Eggs, over easy or scrambled served with green or red chilaquiles, your choice hot or mild.
Huevos Al Estilo Macho de Chihuahua
Scrambled or over easy on top of a flour tortilla served with whole beans with chorizo and strips of green peppers, your choice hot or mild.
Bertha’s Favorite Breakfast
(2) Eggs, over easy or scrambled on top of (2) open face green or red enchiladas, your choice hot or mild.
Covered and Stuffed with your choice of Monterey Jack or cheddar Cheese and fresh seasonal vegetables.
Covered and Stuffed with your choice of Monterey Jack or cheddar Cheese and Spanish sauce and cheese.
Omelete El Paso
Covered and Stuffed with your choice of Monterey Jack or cheddar Cheese and ground beef, onions with a sauce made from New Mexico dried, red peppers with or without cheese.
Omelete El Macho
Covered and Stuffed with your choice of Monterey Jack or cheddar Cheese and homemade chorizo with a sauce made from dried, red New Mexico peppers.
Omelete Estilo Baja Califormia
Covered and Stuffed with your choice of Monterey Jack or cheddar Cheese and chopped shrimp sauteed in salsa, smothered with green salsa or red salsa.
Steak and Eggs
An 8 oz. steak served with two eggs any style, whole or refried beans or Mexican style potatoes and tortillas. Bertha's can prepare your steak in the following ways: Ranchero (grilled and topped with Ranchero sauce), Picado (grilled and chopped with onions, peppers and tomatoes), Guajillo (grilled and topped with sautéed guajillo peppers and garlic) and Macho (grilled and topped with jalapeños or California pepper strips and grilled onions.
Sautéed shredded beef mixed with (2) scrambled eggs, mild or hot green peppers, onions and tomatoes. Served with refried or whole beans, Spanish rice and hand made flour tortillas.
Monday Lunch Special
Chimi-Changa shredded beef or chicken with rice and beans and sour cream.
Tuesday Lunch Special
Two tostadas, beef or chicken with rice & beans.
Wednesday Lunch Special
Chili Verde (pork) or Chili Colorado (beef) with rice and beans and corn or flour tortillas.
Thursday Lunch Special
Two tacos beef or chicken with rice and beans.
Friday Lunch Special
Two enchiladas chicken or veggie (vegan friendly!) with rice and beans and sour cream.
Friday Night Special
Two ceviche tostadas topped with sliced avocado. Served with rice or salad.
Saturday Night special
Grilled tilapia (Garlic, Ranchero, or a la Diabla) served with white rice, whole beans, a side salad, and homemade flour or corn tortillas.
Tamales Special $24/dozen
Allow a Minimum 24 hours for your order to be prepared. Chicken, Pork, Beef, veg or Sweet (Nuts/Raisins)
Red or green $8.95 per jar, $6.95 per refill
Margaritas & Other Libiations
This local favorite is made with El Toro and mixed with fresh, natural juices |
Flavors available: Strawberry, raspberry, mango, peach, banana & guava |
Try one of these signature margaritas with upgraded tequila mixed with all natural juices and fresh-squeezed lime juice. |
Freddy's Top Shelf Margaritas
Choose among Mexico's most savory mixing tequilas, along with a premium citronge sweetner, all natural juices, fresh-squeezed limes and a splash of orange liqueur. Choose from Cazadores, Herradura, Hornitos or 1800. |
This signature margarita is mixed carefully with all natural juices and fresh-squeezed lime juice balanced in every form. We use Patron, Don Julio or Tres Generaciones tequila for this masterpiece! Citronge and topped with a splash of Grand Marnier. |
Long Island Iced Tea
Try one of Freddy's signature libiations and expect to be stranded on an island! |
A flavorful daiquiri with rum. Choose from flavors of mango, strawberry, raspberry, peach and guava |
Try one of Bertha's favorite libations and get "highly spirited". Infused with cranberry, mango or peach and fresh fruit juices in a martini glass |
Bloody Mary Bertha's Style
Freddy's spicy concoction gives this local favorite a stong hangover cure! |
A shot of Hornitos, splash of natural juices, fresh squeezd lime, topped with ginger beer |
A well-selected tequila, a splash of natural juice and a splash of Sprite and grape-fruit soda. Served in a salted rim glass |
Rodney Strong Chardonnay
Rodney Strong Merlot
Rodney Strong Cabernet Sauvignon
House Cabernet Sauvignon
Imported Beers from Mexico
Corona, Corona Light, Pacifico, Tecate, XX Amber, XX Light, Negra Modelo, Modelo Especial, Carta Blanca, Sol, Bohemia, Victoria |
Heineken, Stella Artois, Guinness |
Modelo Especial, Negra Modelo, Pacifico, Blue Moon, 805 |
Bud, Bud Light, Blue Moon, Coors, Coors Light, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite, Michelob, Michelob Ultra, Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, O'Doules |